Toll-free: 1-844-347-0060 |

Mold Be Gone …keeping your home the right shade of “green”

From grocery stores to banks, restaurants to energy-based companies …everyone is seemingly looking to “go green”.

As a homeowner, you may or may not have a primary objective to go green, but one thing is for certain …you do not want the WRONG type of green growing in your home. We’re talking about mold.

Mold is found in nature, and is a naturally occurring process caused by exposure to damp conditions. Whether it’s outside or inside, mold can be found in both places and can enter into your home through any open space. Windows, doorways, vents, and/or your heating/cooling system – are all culprits.

Whether caused by a leaky roof, dripping pipes, or due to flooding …mold in your home can grow most anywhere, but often clings to paper products like cardboard, as well porous items such as wood and ceiling tiles. It can even spawn within dust, paint, wallpaper, carpet, upholstery, and of course – insulation.

With spray foam insulationmold is greatly prevented due to a variety of reasons:

  1. The building envelope is sealed tighter, creating less pollution and disallowing water to leak into your home or building.
  2. The air is filtered through intake / outtake points, and walls are less susceptible to mold and mildew growth.

In addition to mold prevention, our product is environmentally friendly. At Coast Foam, we use a spray foam product called Polarfoam. This is a soya-based polyurethane derived from a vegetable base, and is rapidly replenishing and environmentally friendly.

This qualifies a lot of homeowners and businesses for incentive programs through ‘green’ based organizations like LEED® and GREENGUARD®, as well as others programs like those through BC Hydro, Fortis, and Energy Star.

For those of you who are sensitive to molds, it can cause irritations such as an itchy throat, nasal stuffiness, eye irritation, coughing,  and even skin irritations. Severe reactions can cause irreversible damage to your lungs, so mold growth in one’s home or place of business is not a matter to be taken lightly.

The best practice is to remove the mold and work to prevent future growth. We would love to help you achieve a healthy, energy efficient home or business, and are happy to discuss this process with you in depth!